- 235 grams pitted dates
- 320 grams feijoa
- 225 grams sugar
- 75 grams Butter
- 2 heaped tablespoons ginger, crystalised
- 1 egg
- 1 level teaspoons vanilla extract
- 225 grams flour, all-purpose
- 1 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1 level teaspoons baking soda
1h 20minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- A little bit of prep before you need your Thermy...
- Pre-heat oven to 180c.
- Peel Feijoas & cut into halves.
- Lightly grease and line a loaf tin (I use a standard Circulon brand tin).
- Place dates into TM bowl and chop 8 seconds at speed 8, until roughly chopped.
- Place Feijoas, butter and sugar in TM bowl, cook at 100c for 12 minutes at stir speed, until Feijoas are soft.
- Add ginger and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Add vanilla and egg.
- Mix for 8 seconds, speed 6.
- Add flour, baking power and baking soda.
- Turbo pulse 1 second, three times, or until flour etc is roughly mixed through.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until golden. When cooked a skewer, when inserted into loaf, will come out cleanly.
This is a great recipe if you have an excess of Feijoas in Autumn. I love ginger so I double the quantity specified here.
The weight of the Feijoas that is specified is what they weigh after they’ve been peeled.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Quince conserve
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins