- 150 g unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 100 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 egg yolk, (keep white for royal icing, optional)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- icing sugar, to dust (optional)
- royal icing, to coat (optional, see Thermomix Basics cookbook/chip)
- Silver cachous, optional, to decorate
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper (or silicone type baking mats) and set aside.
2. Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6 to lightly cream.
3. Add egg and honey and mix 10 sec/speed 6. Scrap down sides of mixing bowl.
4. Place plain flour, mixed spice and cinnamon into mixing bowl and mix 12 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatual, then knead 50 sec/.
5. Transfer dough onto Thermomat or a sheet of baking paper and bring together. Wrap in Thermomat or plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
6. Pre-heat oven to 190 C (conventional).
7. Remove dough from fridge and allow to soften slightly. Halve, then place 1 half between 2 layers of baking paper (or baking paper and Thermomat) and roll out to 8mm thick. Remove paper. Use a festive shaped cutter to cut biscuits. Place back into fridge briefly to firm again before removing shapes from dough and placing onto baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
8. Bake for 7-9 minutes until golden. Cool and store in an airtight container.
9. Optional, top with royal icing and silver cachous, or dust with icing sugar.
Suggest use of Thermomat for rolling dough.
To prevent damaging Thermomat: in step 7, remove Thermomat leaving dough on baking paper then use biscuit cutters.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Panforte
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- American Banana Bread
- choc ripple truffle balls
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Cornflake Bikkies
- Chocolate Panforte
- Sesame bars Cookidoo - translated from Italian
- Satay noodle salad
- Cacao turmeric latte
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- Sweet Curry Granola Bar
- Apple Banana Muffins