- 150 g unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 100 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 egg yolk, (keep white for royal icing, optional)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- icing sugar, to dust (optional)
- royal icing, to coat (optional, see Thermomix Basics cookbook/chip)
- Silver cachous, optional, to decorate
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper (or silicone type baking mats) and set aside.
2. Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6 to lightly cream.
3. Add egg and honey and mix 10 sec/speed 6. Scrap down sides of mixing bowl.
4. Place plain flour, mixed spice and cinnamon into mixing bowl and mix 12 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatual, then knead 50 sec/"Dough mode" .
5. Transfer dough onto Thermomat or a sheet of baking paper and bring together. Wrap in Thermomat or plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
6. Pre-heat oven to 190 C (conventional).
7. Remove dough from fridge and allow to soften slightly. Halve, then place 1 half between 2 layers of baking paper (or baking paper and Thermomat) and roll out to 8mm thick. Remove paper. Use a festive shaped cutter to cut biscuits. Place back into fridge briefly to firm again before removing shapes from dough and placing onto baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
8. Bake for 7-9 minutes until golden. Cool and store in an airtight container.
9. Optional, top with royal icing and silver cachous, or dust with icing sugar.
Accessories you need
Suggest use of Thermomat for rolling dough.
To prevent damaging Thermomat: in step 7, remove Thermomat leaving dough on baking paper then use biscuit cutters.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Toasted Granola
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Shortbread Squares - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free