- Zest of 1 orange
- 270 g raw almonds
- 250 g dried figs
- 100 g Dried Apricots (preferably sulfate free)
- 70 g dried cranberries
- 1.5 tsp mixed spice
- Good Griding of Black Pepper
- 130 g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 150 g Raw Honey
- 50 g brandy
Preheat oven to 180˚C. Grease and line a 6 cup loaf tin with baking paper.
Add Orange zest to bowl and chop speed 9/10 sec.
Add Figs, Apricots & Almonds, chop speed 6/10sec.
Add flour, cranberries, spice, salt and pepper. Turbo 1 sec to combined.
Put all ingredients into a separate bowl.
Add Honey & Brandy. Heat 60˚ for 2mins on speed 1.
Add dry ingredients back into bowl and mix on speed 4/10 sec to combined.
Put into prepared tin and press firmly into the tin. Add almonds on top. Bake for 30mins until golden and firm to touch. Cool before slicing with a serrated bread knife.
Accessories you need
You can easily make this gluten free by using gluten free flour instead of plain flour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Apricot delight
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afgans Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)