- Zest of 1 orange
- 270 g raw almonds
- 250 g dried figs
- 100 g Dried Apricots (preferably sulfate free)
- 70 g dried cranberries
- 1.5 tsp mixed spice
- Good Griding of Black Pepper
- 130 g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 150 g Raw Honey
- 50 g brandy
Preheat oven to 180˚C. Grease and line a 6 cup loaf tin with baking paper.
Add Orange zest to bowl and chop speed 9/10 sec.
Add Figs, Apricots & Almonds, chop speed 6/10sec.
Add flour, cranberries, spice, salt and pepper. Turbo 1 sec to combined.
Put all ingredients into a separate bowl.
Add Honey & Brandy. Heat 60˚ for 2mins on speed 1.
Add dry ingredients back into bowl and mix on speed 4/10 sec to combined.
Put into prepared tin and press firmly into the tin. Add almonds on top. Bake for 30mins until golden and firm to touch. Cool before slicing with a serrated bread knife.
Accessories you need
You can easily make this gluten free by using gluten free flour instead of plain flour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake