- 200g raw sugar
- 300g almonds
- 2 oranges, washed / unpeeled / quartered
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 30g raw sugar
- 1 orange - juice only
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a round cake tin.
- Place sugar in TM bowl and mill 3 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place almonds in TM bowl and mill 15 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place oranges (leaving skin ON) in TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 8.
- Add eggs, sugar, almond meal and baking powder and mix 20 sec / speed 4.
- Pour into cake tin and bake 60 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- NB: cover with Alfoil after 40 minutes to prevent it browning too much on top.
- Place sugar and juice in TM bowl and cook 2 mins / 100°C / speed 2.
- Use a skewer to gently poke small holes in top of cake. Pour syrup over cake and allow syrup to soak a few minutes before serving.
The cake is lovely and moist without the syrup too.
I have converted this recipe from "taste.com.au"
For more decadent recipes head over to my website: //thermofun.com/
You can also find me on my facebook page ThermoFun
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Chicken Unfried Rice
- Maple Butter
- Tim Tam Cake
- Lime and Ginger Curd
- Baileys and Chocolate Pannacotta - ThermoFun
- Bacon Jam - ThermoFun
- Zucchini Cake - ThermoFun
- Mars Bar Brownie - ThermoFun
- Coconut Chicken Curry - ThermoFun
- Red Capsicum with Feta and Cashew Chunky Dip - ThermoFun
- Roasted Pumpkin with Cashew and Parmesan - ThermoFun
- Basil with Cashew and Parmesan - ThermoFun