- 150 grams raw almonds
- 1 Navel Orange, cut into quarters
- 150 g Coconut Sugar, or sweetener of choice, (eg: caster sugar, golden/raw caster sugar)
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 50 g raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
Preheat oven to 160 deg. celcius (fan-forced). Grease and line a 20 cm springform cake tin.
Add almonds to TM bowl and mill for 10 secs / sp 9. Set aside.
Add orange to TM bowl and chop for 15 secs / sp 9. Add sugar and egg yolks and mix for 10 secs / sp 4.
Add reserved almond meal, cacao and baking powder and mix for 5 secs / sp 4. Scrape down bowl and repeat.
If you have a second TM bowl/blade, swap to clean bowl now and add butterfly. Alternatively, pour chocolate cake mixture into a large separate bowl and clean and dry TM bowl really well.
Add egg whites and salt to TM bowl and insert butterfly attachment. Whisk for 3 mins / sp. 3.5.
If using 2nd bowl/blade - swap back to TM bowl with cake mix. Add a heaped spoonful of whipped egg white to cake mix to 'loosen' and stir for 10 secs / sp 2. Add remainder of egg whites and mix for 10 secs / speed 2. Scrape down and repeat if necessary until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
If using single TM bowl - Add a heaped spoonful of whipped egg white to your separate bowl with cake mix and gently stir to 'loosen' with TM spatula. Pour in remainder of egg white and fold into cake mixture.
Pour into cake tin and bake in oven for 35 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in tin.
I used Billington's Golden Granulated Sugar in this recipe and it was lovely. The original basis for this recipe was published in Taste Magazine using coconut sugar which can now be found in most supermarkets.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Passionfruit marshmallow dark chocolate slice.
- Nutty Caramel Bliss Balls
- Cinnamon Scrolls with Caramel Sauce
- GF and DF Orange and chocolate nutty cookies
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Dark Chocolate Anzac Biscuits
- Raspberry White Chocolate Baked Cheesecake
- Christmas Pudding Bliss Balls
- Fig, Cranberry & Pistachio Turkey Roll
- Gluten Free Lemon Chia Slice
- Chocolate Chia Mousse
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 120 Gram Slice
- Rhubarb, Raspberry & White Chocolate Blondies
- Strawberries & Cream Shortcake
- Jerusalem Artichoke & Kipfler Soup
- Fennel, Apricot & Pistachio Salad Three Ways