- 3 limes - zest, (save 3 strips of zest for glaze)
- 100 grams lime juice, approximately 3 limes
- 70 grams dessicated cococnut
- 200 grams blanched almonds
- 200 grams organic raw sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder, (aluminium free)
- 1 Pinch salt
- 3 large strips lime zest
- 20 grams Coconut sugar, (or rapadura)
- 45 grams water
Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Grease a 20 cm cake tin and line with baking paper.
Place 70g of coconut plus 200g of blanched almonds into TM bowl. Blitz for 10 secs on Speed 9. Set aside.
Add 200g raw sugar and the majority of the lime zest into the TM bowl. Process for 20 seconds on Speed 9.
Add 6 eggs and process for 30 seconds on Speed 5.
Add coconut, almonds, baking powder and pinch of salt. Process for 5 seconds on Speed 5.
Pour into a 20cm lined cake tin.
Place in the oven for approximately 55 minutes.
It will be cooked when the skewer comes out clean. It is highly recommended to use baking paper as this cake can be hard to get out of the tin.
Add the remaining 3 strips of lime zest and coconut sugar into a clean, dry TM bowl. Blitz for 20 seconds on Speed 9.
Add the 45g of water to the TM bowl. Cook on 100 degrees for 2 minutes on Speed 4.
Pour the glaze over the finished cake whilst it is still warm.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments
- Custard Square
- Lemon Coconut Cake
- Vegan Cheesecake
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Tofu Pudding
- Savoury Scones
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- Rima’s Tagrid Ahmed Mamaghanooj Kitchen’s Mafrookeh