- 3 limes - zest, (save 3 strips of zest for glaze)
- 100 grams lime juice, approximately 3 limes
- 70 grams dessicated cococnut
- 200 grams blanched almonds
- 200 grams organic raw sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder, (aluminium free)
- 1 Pinch salt
- 3 large strips lime zest
- 20 grams Coconut sugar, (or rapadura)
- 45 grams water
Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Grease a 20 cm cake tin and line with baking paper.
Place 70g of coconut plus 200g of blanched almonds into TM bowl. Blitz for 10 secs on Speed 9. Set aside.
Add 200g raw sugar and the majority of the lime zest into the TM bowl. Process for 20 seconds on Speed 9.
Add 6 eggs and process for 30 seconds on Speed 5.
Add coconut, almonds, baking powder and pinch of salt. Process for 5 seconds on Speed 5.
Pour into a 20cm lined cake tin.
Place in the oven for approximately 55 minutes.
It will be cooked when the skewer comes out clean. It is highly recommended to use baking paper as this cake can be hard to get out of the tin.
Add the remaining 3 strips of lime zest and coconut sugar into a clean, dry TM bowl. Blitz for 20 seconds on Speed 9.
Add the 45g of water to the TM bowl. Cook on 100 degrees for 2 minutes on Speed 4.
Pour the glaze over the finished cake whilst it is still warm.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Applesauce muffins
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Passionfruit Yogurt cake
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Ooba Healthy'ish' Curried Sausages
- Marion Grasby's Spicy Sichuan Wontons
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Apple Fruit Jam
- Baba Ganoush Chicken
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Lamb Shanks