- 3 limes - zest, (save 3 strips of zest for glaze)
- 100 grams lime juice, approximately 3 limes
- 70 grams dessicated cococnut
- 200 grams blanched almonds
- 200 grams organic raw sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder, (aluminium free)
- 1 Pinch salt
- 3 large strips lime zest
- 20 grams Coconut sugar, (or rapadura)
- 45 grams water
Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Grease a 20 cm cake tin and line with baking paper.
Place 70g of coconut plus 200g of blanched almonds into TM bowl. Blitz for 10 secs on Speed 9. Set aside.
Add 200g raw sugar and the majority of the lime zest into the TM bowl. Process for 20 seconds on Speed 9.
Add 6 eggs and process for 30 seconds on Speed 5.
Add coconut, almonds, baking powder and pinch of salt. Process for 5 seconds on Speed 5.
Pour into a 20cm lined cake tin.
Place in the oven for approximately 55 minutes.
It will be cooked when the skewer comes out clean. It is highly recommended to use baking paper as this cake can be hard to get out of the tin.
Add the remaining 3 strips of lime zest and coconut sugar into a clean, dry TM bowl. Blitz for 20 seconds on Speed 9.
Add the 45g of water to the TM bowl. Cook on 100 degrees for 2 minutes on Speed 4.
Pour the glaze over the finished cake whilst it is still warm.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- O’Henry Slice
- Fruit "roll ups"
- Loving Earth Chocolate Cups G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free
- Cashew Fudge G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free
- Date Rolls G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free
- Rice Bubble Slice
- Healthy Oat Muffins (No Flour No Sugar No Oil)
- Rose Water
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Navajo Fry Bread
- Hot Chilli Jam
- French bread (overnight)
- Rose Water
- Sugar Free Lemonade
- Creamy Carbonara Risotto with Hidden Veg
- TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Pomegranate Juice