- 50 g Spelt grain, or Wheat Grain
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 200 ml warm Milk
- 1 sachet dry yeast, or 30 g fresh Yeast
- 30 g honey
- 80-100 g Butter, unsalted
- 1/2 tsb Salt
- 1 egg
- 500 g bakers flour
- 1 Egg and some almond, flakes
2h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Place grains and zest into the TM bowl and mill for 1 minute on speed 9.
Add first warm milk and then all other ingredients in the bowl. Mix for a couple of seconds on speed 6-7 to combine.
Set dial to closed lid position. Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes on Interval speed.
Place the dough into a plastic bowl or Thermo Mat and leave in a warm position to prove for approx. double in size.
Once dough has risen, knead with your hands and cut into 3 equal portions. Form 3 strings (same shape) and plait a rope.
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Put the rope on a baking tray (with baking paper) and prove for another 30 minutes.
Brush the rope with the beaten egg and sprinkle with almond flakes.
Bake for about 30 minutes.
Cut like a bread and enjoy with butter and jam, or with your self made honey butter (Basic butter recipe page 12 + honey)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- warm lemon tart
- Best Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Date and carrot cake (nut, egg and butter free) - tastes like healthy gingerbread!
- Aussie Apple Pie
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- All-In-One Banana bread with a Honey Cream Cheese Spread
- Choc-orange sandwich biscuits
- Banana Muffins using leftover Almond Pulp from Almond Milk (vegan)
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE/COFFEE CAKE
- TRIPLE CHOC BROWNIE FLOURLESS