THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 250 grams plain flour, extra for dusting
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinches salt
- 150 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 level tablespoon speculaas spice mix, see tips
- 125 grams Butter, at room temperature
- 40 grams Milk
- 200 grams Almond Paste, see tips
- 1 egg white
- 8 almond halves or slivers, optional
- 1. Place flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. With MC on, turbo 1 second to mix.
2. Add dark brown sugar, speculaas spice mix (see tips to make your own mix), butter and milk. With MC on, knead until a dough forms (1 to 2 minutes - if it is very crumbly and dry after 1 minute, add an extra tablespoon of milk and knead for another minute).
3. Turn the dough out onto your Thermomat. Form dough into a ball, wrap up in Thermomat and let rest in your fridge for at least 30 minutes. If you are making your own Thermomix almond paste (see tips), do this while the dough is resting.
4. After the dough has rested, preheat your oven to 175 Celsius.
5. Lightly dust a second Thermomat (or parchment paper) with some extra flour. Divide the dough into 2 parts - it is okay if one is slightly bigger than the other.
6. Roll both dough parts out into rectangles approx. 15 x 30 cm. Use more flour for dusting as you roll, to stop the rolling pin from sticking to the dough.
7. Depending on the consistency of your almond paste, either roll your almond paste out into a rectangle approx. 13 x 28 cm and then layer on top of the smaller dough rectangle; or spread directly onto the smaller dough rectangle.
8. Carefully position the larger dough rectangle over the other rectangle of dough/almond paste. Seal the edges of the dough by lightly pushing the top layer down onto the bottom layer.
9. Brush the egg-white onto the top of the dough. If you feel fancy, you can add some almond slivers or almond halves on top, lightly pushing them into the dough.
10. Bake for approx. 40 minutes.
Accessories you need
This Gevulde Speculaas recipe is based on the non-Thermomix recipe on https://cakieshq.com/recipe/dutch-gevulde-speculaas/
Make your own speculaas spice mix: 5 tbsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp ground nutmeg, 1 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp ground aniseed, 1/2 tsp ground white pepper, 1/2 tsp ground coriander seed, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground cardamom, 1/2 tsp ground mace and 1/2 tsp ground dried mandarin/orange zest. Add all spice mix ingredients to a clean Thermomix bowl and turbo for 1 second (or mix by hand). Note: This will make approx. 3 times the amount you need for this recipe; keep the rest in an airtight container in your pantry for later use. Spice mix recipe based on https://cakieshq.com/recipe/speculaas-spice-mix/
Make your own Thermomix Almond Paste, by using the following recipe: https://www.acanadianfoodie.com/2013/09/30/thermomix-almond-paste-and-thermomix-pistachio-paste/
Note: this recipe will make approx. twice the amount of almond paste you will need for the Gevulde Speculaas. Keep the rest of the almond paste in a clean container in your fridge and use within a week.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Superfood Slaw
- Amaretti with Cherry on Top
- Picnic eggs
- Turkey Stuffing
- Dill Sauce
- Variation Weekender Biscuits
- Beetroot & Chocolate cake (GF & refined sugar free)
- Lemon Curd
- Pumpkin spice margarita
- mykidslickthebowl.com Chocolate Hummus
- Chicken Chorizo and Cheese Sausage Rolls