- 100 g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 mins
- 300 g carrot, cut into pieces
- 100 g Grapeseed Oil
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked in 6 tbs water for 5 minutes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 220 g GF plain flour
- 2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg, and cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 pinch salt
- 370-380 g Canned Pineapple Pieces, weighed after draining, reserve 50g juice
- 50 g Reserved pineapple juice
- 80 g shredded or dessicated coconut, (see Tips)
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 40 g pepitas
- 1 --- banana, broken into 3 pieces
- 200 g cream cheese
- 1/2 --- lemon, juice only
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla exctract
- Shredded coconut, sunflower seeds and pepitas, (optional) to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Preheat oven to 175°C. Butter a large baking tin and set aside.
Place dates into mixing bowl and blitz 6 sec/speed 6. Scrape down bowl.
Place carrot into mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 6.
Add oil, chia seeds, vanilla, flour, bicarb, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, and salt and mix 10 sec/speed 5. You may need to use the spatula to assist.
Add pineapple pieces, pineapple juice, coconut, sunflower seeds and pepitas and mix 4 sec/speed 5.
Pour into prepared tin and bake (175°C) for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place banana pieces into mixing bowl and blitz for 6 sec/speed 6. Scrape down bowl.
Place cream cheese, lemon juice, maple syrup and vanilla into mixing bowl and mix 40 sec/speed 3.5.
Spread icing onto completely cooled cake and garnish with coconut, sunflower seeds and pepitas (optional) to serve.
Healthy Cream Cheese Icing
Accessories you need
This is a Refined Sugar Free, GF, Nut Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free (Cake only) version of the BCB Caribbean Carrot Cake. The twist to traditional cream cheese frosting is yum!
Tofutti can be substituted for the cream cheese for a Vegan option (thanks for the tip Marilyn!)
Shredded coconut can be substituted with dessicated coconut.
Keep in the fridge unless eaten in 1 day!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Cacao Protein Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies