THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 120 grams Nuttelex, (this is a dairy/soy free spread. Alternatively use vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp Egg replacer, (I used Orgran brand)
- 4 tbsp water
- 100 grams rice milk, (I used Vitasoy Rice Milk with chickpeas for added protein)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 grams sugar, (I used rapadura)
- 120 grams Self Raising Flour,or Gluten Free Self Raising Flour, (I used Orgran brand)
- 30 grams cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 grams coconut cream
- 300 grams undefined
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Lightly grease a small ring tin or 20cm round pan.
2. Place Nuttelex into TM bowl and melt for 2 minutes at 60 degrees on speed 4. If using oil, omit this step.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5.
4. Pour into cake tin and bake for 25-35 minutes, until springs back when touched in the centre of the cake.
5. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
6. For Ganache, place coconut cream in TM bowl and heat at 80 degrees for 2 minutes. Add chocolate pieces and mix on speed 1 for 2 minutes or until chocolate has melted and ganache is smooth. Scrape into a bowl and allow to cool slightly before using on cold cake.
Use ganache as a filling for the cake or drizzled on top.
Accessories you need
This makes a small cake. Use a ring tin to make it 'taller'' or double the recipe.
Depending on the chocolate you use for the ganache you may want to add some pure maple syrup or sugar to the coconut cream before heating to sweeten the ganache to your liking.
This was based on the EDC Too Easy Chocolate Cake with amendments to make it gluten, egg, dairy and nut free.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Raspberry Coconut Slice (gluten free)
- Nut and gluten free fudgy chocolate brownie slice
- Black rice, seed and choc chip cookies - gluten and nut free
- Raw cashew, cacao and coconut oil truffle coated in dark chocolate
- Almond and coconut balls (Ferrero Raffaello style!)
- Gluten Free Kahlua Christmas Cake
- Breakfast loaf - gluten, dairy and nut free
- Choc caramel puddings (gluten free)
- Apple Hazelnut cake
- Healthy grain cherry macaroon cake
- Brown rice and quinoa baby rusks
- Gluten free profiteroles