- 150 g Gluten free plain flour, (or grind rice speed 9 for 90 secs)
- 100 g rolled oats, (see notes re oats and gluten)
- 100 g dessicated coconut
- 100 g Coconut sugar or your choice
- 125 g Butter
- 2 tbsp maple or golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tbsp water
Preheat oven to 160 C
Melt butter, syrup and water on 80 degrees for approx 3 mins, speed 1-2 (or till butter melted)
Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl
Add bicarb to butter/syrup mix and mix on speed 3 for 10 seconds - it should froth up a little
Add dry ingredients to TM bowl and mix reverse, speed 3 till combined
Add tablespoons of mix onto a baking paper lined tray allowing room to spread
Bake for 10-12 mins till golden
This makes approx. 24 cookies so you may need to do it in a few batches
Being gluten free, I have avoided oats even though they don't strictly contain gluten. Oats can be cross contaminated with gluten and have a gluten-like protein called avenin. What I have discovered is that I am ok if I don't eat raw oats e.g. like a raw muesli. But if I eat oat sourdough bread, or cook with oats my guts are ok.
This recipe is less sweet that conventional ANZAC recipes that use up to 1 cup of sugar (approx 200g). You can use more sugar is you wish, but I think they are sweet enough. If you are not gluten free you can use plain flour as a direct substitute.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- The best gluten free banana pancakes
- Blueberry Bombshell Smoothie
- Coconut and cashew cream
- Vegetarian Kedgeree
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free
- Almond Milk