- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 10-15 dates
- 80 g caster sugar
- 240 g Gluten-Free Self Raising Flour
- 150 g Butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 40 g Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- icing sugar for dusting, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 C
- 2. Place bananas, dates and vanilla essence in the bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4. Set aside.
- 3. No need to rinse out bowl. Add butter and caster sugar and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
- 4. Add the eggs one at a time and combine each for a few seconds on
- speed 5.
- 5. Add the banana mixture and cinnamon, and mix for 3 seconds on speed 5.
- 6. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and milk and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4 to 5.
- 7. Pour into a lined 20cm cake tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
Accessories you need
- * If cake still looks wet after this time reduce the temperature to 140 C and cook for a further 10 to 20 minutes.
- * If cake is over browning but still wet, place a sheet of aluminium foil on top to slow down the browning process.
- * Wait 10 minutes before turning out of the cake tin.
- * The amount of cinnamon powder can be increased or decreased according to personal taste.
- * I decrease the amount of caster sugar I use the more dates I add.
- * Icing sugar is optional for sprinkling on the cake once cooled!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)