- 165 grams raw sugar
- 125 grams Ghee
- 2 eggs
- 5 grams vanilla essence
- 80 grams rice flour, Med or long grain white rice, milled
- 20 grams cornflour, (Corn starch)
- 30 grams Rice flour - white, high starch, Erawan brand used
- 100 grams tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder, see EDC
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 125 grams rice milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Grease and line cake tin or cupcake tray. Recipe made 18 generous cupcakes, could be stretched into 24 smaller patty-cakes. Original recipe said it will fill standard 20cm cake tin (only cupcakes tested with this combination!)
3. Add sugar to the bowl. Mill for 10 – 20 secs speed 6
4. Add ghee and mix on speed 3 for 2 – 3 minutes or until light
5. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
6. Add remaining ingredients
7. Mix on speed 6 for 1 minute or until mixture becomes smooth.
8. Pour into patty pans and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until firm to touch or slightly browned.
9. Allow to cool
Accessories you need
We iced with royal icing from EDC and were lovely and moist. Nuttelex could be tried instead of ghee.
Original notes from non-GF recipe:
This recipe will double easily for a larger/higher cake
It’s also great for cupcakes. Single batch will make approximately 24 cupcakes. Cook for 12 – 15 minutes. Cupcakes are firm to touch when cooked
Add colouring for some party fun.
Or for a more sophisticated cake add some fresh or thawed berries
Use with one batch of Quick Chocolate Cake for a beautiful marble cake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Peanutbutter choc chip cookie
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Almost Kingston's
- Paleo-style 'K-waves' - "Cheesy" herb seed crackers - dairy + gluten free
- "Cheesy" herb seed crackers - dairy and gluten free
- Gluten free nut free no bake muesli bars
- Gluten Free Ginger Slice
- Gluten Free Pastry (Rollable!)
- Fruity Gluten Free Muffins
- Fluffy and Tasty Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Corn, Nut and Soy free bread. Suitable for FAILSAFE Elimination Diet
- Gluten Free Nut Free Quick Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- "Failsafe" Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg* free Pizza base (+ topping suggestion)
- Vanilla Slice
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Ginger custard tart
- Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
- Next Level Pumpkin Soup
- Beef Rotolo