- 2 --- Cups GF plain flour
- 2 level teaspoons Baking Powder, gluten free
- 0.5 level teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 level teaspoons salt
- 1 pinches cinnamon
- 125 g Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 115 g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 level teaspoons vanilla essence
- 125 mL Buttermilk, See notes to make your own
1h 35minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Grease a baking dish/loaf pan/cake pan that will fit in your varoma
2. If making your own buttermilk, do so now
3. Add butter, sugar and cream cheese to and mix sp 4, 40 secs. Scrape down sides of
4. Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla, sp 2, 20 secs
5. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, bicarb and cinnamon into , sp 3, 20 secs. Scrape down sides and mix further 10 secs, sp 3
6. Pour into prepared pan, cover with foil, sit inside varoma dish making sure not to cover all the holes (elevate on an egg ring or something if you need to)
7. Rinse , add 1L water
8. Sit varoma on , cook 90mins, varoma, sp 2. Check halfway to make sure there’s still water in , add more if you need to (I always need to).
9. Test with a skewer to make sure it’s cooked, turn out onto wire rack to cool, enjoy!
To make your own buttermilk, add 1tbsp white vinegar to 1 cup plain milk (halve ingredients for this recipe).
Can also add fresh or frozen berries to batter, stir through before pouring into cake pan. Could possibly work with other fruit but I haven’t tried
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.