- 2 level tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 level tablespoons water
- 115 grams coconut oil
- 60 grams Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp Bi-carb soda
- 70 grams coconut milk
- 200 grams wholemeal self-raising flour
- 100-200 (depending on preference) grams Vegan Choc Chips or Dark Choc Chips
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced) or 200 degrees (conventional). Spray or line a 12 cup cake tray.
- Combine chia seeds and water to a cup to form chia seed egg (stiring once to ensure the chia seeds and water form a gooey like consistency).
- Add coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla paste to bowl. Stir on speed 4 for 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add bananas. Stir on speed 4 for 30 secs.
- Combine bi-carb soda and coconut milk and add them into the bowl, followed by the wholemeals self-raising flour and chia seed egg. Stir on speed 4 for 1 minute, stopping and scrapping down sides of bowl half way.
- Add choc chips and stir on speed 3 for 20 secs
- Pour mixture into the prepared muffin tray and cook for 20-25 mins or when a skewer comes out cleans.
- Let the muffins cool down for 5 mins in the tray and then transfer to a wire wrack to cool down completely.
These are my go-to muffins for school lunches! My kids absolutely love them and knowing that there isn't any nasties in them makes me feel reassured that they are having a yummy but healthy snack! Hope you enjoy the recipe
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Applesauce muffins
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Passionfruit Yogurt cake
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Ooba Healthy'ish' Curried Sausages
- Marion Grasby's Spicy Sichuan Wontons
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Apple Fruit Jam
- Baba Ganoush Chicken
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Lamb Shanks