- 150 g favourite nuts, I most often use dry roasted almonds with skins still on
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 120 g golden syrup
- 1 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 200 g plain flour, I use ALDI gluten free flour
- 1-3 tsp favourite 'sweet' spice / mix, I use my Speculaas spice mix (recipe to come), can use simple mixed spice, or cinnamon, or ground ginger
- 85 g coconut or other dark sugar
- 50 g flaked or slivered version of whatever nut you used, optional
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Blitz nuts on speed 7 for 5 seconds then set aside.
Place butter and golden syrup into mixing bowl and heat 3min / 60deg / speed 2.
Scrape down sides and blades and repeat this step.
Add all other ingredients, including set aside blitzed nuts (but not the optional 50g of flaked or slivered nuts) and mix for 10 sec / / speed 4. Repeat if necessary until combined.
Add optional flaked or slivered nuts and mix 5 sec / speed 4.
- Roll tablespoons full of dough into a ball then flatten (with a fork or fingers!) onto a cookie sheet lined with baking paper. Allow some space for spreading. I do 9 on a square cookie sheet.
- Bake each tray of cookies at (preheated) 160deg for 8-10mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for 5 mins before transferring onto wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely to crisp up before serving.
Once dough is made it can be stored in the fridge for a week or so until ready to bake, or shape it into a log, wrap it in baking paper and store in the freezer. Take it out half hour before baking and slice 5mm slices ... then bake as above.
These are very crispy crunchy bikkies ... best served with a cuppa or a glass of milk.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Kids Bubble cups
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits