- 250 grams Butter
- 110 grams icing sugar
- 400 grams plain flour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 130 and line two trays with baking paper.
2. Put roughly chopped butter into bowl and heat 1 min 30 sec / 80 / sp 3 and scrape down.
3. Add icing sugar and mix for 5 sec / sp 3.
4. Add half the flour (200g) and mix for 10 sec / sp 2.
5. Add remaining flour and rice flour and combine for 15 sec / sp 2.
6. Roll into tablespoon sized balls and flatten with fork (see tips below).
7. Bake for 30 minutes until just turning golden.
8. Store in airtight container.
Accessories you need
Do not use margarine as a substitute for the butter. It just does not taste the same!
You could use any sort of impression tool to create the effects on top.
You could roll this dough up into a log and cut it as straight circles. You could also roll it out and use shaped cookie cutters, but you would need to vary the cooking time to account for the size of the cookies made.
Thanks to my MIL for her recipe, which I have halved here to work with the TMX.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple Crumble
- Choc Mint Balls
- Varoma Honey Chicken and Non-Fried Rice
- Tracy's Rumballs
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Spicy Chicken Kebabs
- Easy Meatloaf
- Three Cheese Sauce
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Rissoles
- Tracy's Traditional Rock Cakes
- Tracy's Chocolate Fudge Cake/Cupcakes
- Tracy's CWA Yo-yo's or melting moments