- 200 grams dark baking chocolate or raw cacoa, broken into 3 cm pieces
- 1/2 level teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 200 grams pitted dates, medjool best
- 50 grams coconut oil
- 1 level tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams frozen or fresh raspberries, or berries, nuts etc of your choice
- 200 grams white chocolate melts, optional
- Set oven to 180 degrees and line a 20x15cm slice tin with baking paper (I made 2x the recipe for the cake pictured above and used a 30x 20 tin)
- Pulse together the chocolate and bi-carb until they have the texture of course sand.
Add dates and pulse untill finely chopped (approx 3 time)
SET chocolate/ date mix aside in a bowl.
- Without washing jug, place 50 gm coconut oil in jug and melt 2 mins 60 degrees speed 2.
- Add dry ingredients, eggs and vanilla and mix 6 sec speed 6
- Transfer this "lovely Jubbliness" into the lined tin and Bake 180 degrees for 15 minutes. (*If using frozen fruit, sprinkle on top now and bake for 30 mins. skipping next step)
- Open the oven and quickly dot the topping of fruit or nuts on top, pushing in slightly, Bake for a further 15 mins on 180 degrees or until skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from Oven and Let it cool for an hour before slicing.
- Optional: drizzle with white "Choc-Orange Drizzle/dip" (recipe on recipe community):
Method for brownie
Slice into squares to serve.
Makes a terrific birthday cake.
If you use unsweetened raw Cacao and do not use white chocolate drizzle, this recipe is gluten, dairy and sugar free.
This recipe was adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe. Thank you Jamie!!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Quinoa, silverbeet and feta soda bread
- Choc-orange drizzle/dip
- Mayonnaise sushi style
- butternut snap biscuits
- Suz's best Banana and date bread
- Coconut milk using fresh cocout
- spanakopita pie
- Gluten and sugar free "Birdseed" Muesli Bars
- Blood Orange Sorbet
- Coconut milk- using heat
- Coconut milk