- 130 g almonds
- 300 g Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 220 g raw sugar
- 4 eggs
- 280 g plain flour
- 240 g iced coffee
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 200 g raw sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons iced coffee
1h 40minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Preheat oven to 140C in a fan forced oven, 160C in a non fan forced. Line regular sized square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Weigh almonds into bowl. Mill 30 secs/speed 9. Scrape bowl.
3. Add butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs. Mix 25 secs/speed 4. Scrape bowl.
4. Add flour, baking powder, and iced coffee. Mix 25 secs/speed 4. Scrape and repeat for a few more seconds if not well combined.
5. Pour into baking tin and flatten out the top to make sure the pan is evenly filled.
6. Pop in the oven for 1 hr 15 mins. Turn off oven and leave in oven for further 20 mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.
1. Make sure bowl is clean and dry.
2. Mill raw sugar into icing sugar, 40 secs/speed 9.
3. Scrape down bowl.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of iced coffee and mix 4 secs/speed 4.
5. Check consistency. It should be spreadable, and not too runny. If too thick, add a few drops more iced coffee and mix again, 4 secs/speed 4.
6. Drizzle over top of cooled cake.
7. Allow cake to be completely cooled before cutting, as it may be crumbly to cut. Is easier to cut the next day.
For the cake:
For the icing:
This was made with commercially prepared iced coffee. It would work beautifully with home made iced coffee. We just needed to use our free coffee up, which is how this cake was born.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Creamy pasta with seafood balls - Varoma complete meal
- Asian style chicken dumplings - Varoma complete meal
- Polenta topped braised beef cheek pies
- Nigella's Chocolate and Orange Cake
- Super Moist Whole Orange Cake
- Salmon, fennel and feta filo pie
- Jekyll and Hyde - the Champagne Cocktail
- Sneaky Zucchini Loaf
- Hidden Veggie Lunchbox Scrolls
- The Easiest Chocolate Cupcake
- Banana Bread
- Chia Cranberry Muesli Bars