- 2 large oranges, washed & dried
- 440 g raw sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate (block or chips)
- 250 g Butter, cubed
- 170 g water
- 1.5 tsp orange essence
- 220 g plain flour
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 80 g cream
- 2-3 drops orange essence
1. Ensure your TM bowl is completely dry by spinning it at sp9 for a few seconds, then wiping any moisture out with a teatowel.
2. Peel both oranges with a vegetable peeler and pat peel dry with paper towel.
3. Put half the peel & half the sugar into TM bowl & mill 15 sec / sp 9. Scrape down & give another 5-10 sec / sp9 to achieve a fine zest. Set aside & repeat with the rest of the suagr & peel.
4. Add the first batch of zest & sugar back into the bowl along with the chocolate, butter, water, juice from both oranges & essence. Melt aprox 7mins / 50 degrees / sp1, increasing the speed to sp 3 as it begins to melt.
5. Remove lid & allow to cool for 5 mins before adding remaining cake ingredients. Combine 10 sec / sp 5. Scrape down & give a further 3 sec if required.
6. Pour into a 22cm round cake tin & bake in fan forced oven at 170 degrees for 1-1.25 hrs or until a skewer comes out clean.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Add chocolate chips/pieces, cream & essence to clean TM bowl and melt 2-3min / 50 degrees / sp3.
Allow to cool & thicken before spreading over cooled cake.
Jaffa Fudge Cake
This cake is best made the day before and allowed to cool completely in the fridge - it goes very 'fudgy' in the middle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- Variation of Savoury Scrolls with Pumpkin Dough
- Super Simple Coconut Loaf
- Tomato Quinoa Soup
- Baked Peach Torte
- Chocolate Heaven (Brownies with Raspberries)
- Spicy Coconut Apple Twists
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- Chicken Tortilla Stack
- Pumpkin Scone Wedge
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies (with carrot & spinach - shh!)