- 100g caster sugar
- peeled skin of one lemon
- 300g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 150g almond meal
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Grease and line the base of a cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
3. Place sugar into TM bowl and add lemon peel and almonds. Grind 20 seconds/speed 10.
4. Weigh carrot chunks into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 5.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the pine nuts and icing sugar). Mix for 20 seconds/speed 5 until you have a smooth batter. Remove lid, scrape down sides of bowl and mix again for a few seconds, if required.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle the top with pine nuts. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until set.
Remove the cake and allow to cool a little. Turn out on a wire rack.
Can be served plain, dusted with icing sugar or iced with cream cheese frosting.
Swap lemon rind for orange or lime rind
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Autumn Pear cake
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg FREE Caramel Slice
- Variation Limes puff
- Banana Cake (Women's Weekly Recipe)
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Apple & Carrot Microwave Cake
- Milky Bar Cheesecake
- LCM Bars
- Tiny Teddies- Honey
- Pinch of Yum Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Loukoumia - Greek or Turkish Delight
- Wattleseed Shortbread
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Tiny Teddies- Honey
- Beetroot Juice - great for Pre & Post Training
- Grain free dark chocolate Brownies adapted from Arman at thebigmansworld.com
- Tumeric Soy Latte
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Banana and honey Bundt cake
- Cauliflower whip
- Lola Berry Healthy Paleo Hot Cross Muffins