- 3 Limes, rind and juice
- 70 g Shredded coconut, or one cup
- 200 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 200 g icing sugar, (Soft Icing Mixture)
Preheat oven to 170C. Brush a 18cm cake pan with melted butter and line with baking paper.
Remove the lime zest either with a zester, grater or peeler. Grate in the TM.
Juice the limes, and add it with the zest to the coconut in a small bowl. Stir through and leave it to soak for at least an hour.
Sift the flour and the baking powder into "Closed lid"
Add the caster sugar, butter, and eggs and mix 30 seconds, speed 4, until you have a creamy consistency.
Fold the soaked coconut and the lime mixture into the cake mixture at Speed 2.
Place the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Level off using the back of tablespoon and bake near the centre of the oven for about 25 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and after about 30 seconds loosen the edges of the cake. Turn the cake out onto a cooking tray.
Remove the zest from lime and grate in the TM. Set aside for decoration.
Squeeze the lime juice. Put the juice of one lime and the butter into "Closed lid" ,Stir through 50C/ 30 s/speed 2 until melted. Add the sifted icing sugar. Stir through 50C/2 minutes/speed 2 or until it is the consistency of smooth cream, adding more juice if necessary.
Pour the icing over the cake leaving drip marks. If desired, sprinkle the surface of the cake with the lime zest.
Lime Frosting [optional]
Accessories you need
This cake is pretty tangy. If you want less tang, use less lime or substitute the lime juice with coconut milk.
This recipe has been converted from //www.taste.com.au/recipes/26876/lime+coconut+cake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Cacao Protein Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Caramilk Truffles
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Eggless Mini Banana Bread Muffins
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake with Crumble
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Coffee Scrolls À la Anniembee
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Loukoumia - Greek or Turkish Delight