- 235 grams canellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 125 grams raw extra virgin coconut oil
- 175 grams rapadura or coconut sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 juice and zest, no pith
- 1 teaspoon Lemon extract, optional
- 70 grams Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, check it is gluten free
- 50 grams organic dessicated coconut, avoid any cocnut with sulphur
- milled coconut sugar, optional for dusting
Recipe is created for
Pre-heat oven to 160C (fan oven)
Grease a cake tin (or put silicone cases into a muffin tin).
A ring tin works best, as the cake is super moist.
Mix coconut oil and sugar, 30 seconds/speed 5, then scrape down using spatula.
Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, lime juice, zest and lemon extract
Mix 15 seconds/speed 4, then scrape down.
Add beans, 20 seconds/speed 7,then scrape down.
Add coconut flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, dessicated coconut and mix 25 seconds/ speed 4.
Scrape down and then mix for a further 15 sec /speed 5.5.
Pour the thick batter into prepared ring tin pan or silicon cases placed into a muffin tin.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes (around 20, if making cupcakes) or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
DON"T over-cook as you want a nice moist cake.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes (it will sink a bit whilst cooling.
Remove from tin, and allow to cool fully if you're going to frost cake.
Lime and Coconut Magic Bean Cake
Accessories you need
You can use butter in place of coconut oil, and lemon rather than lime.
This recipe is a lime version of 'forking foodie' lemon cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Three ingredient biscuits/cookies
- Choc Nut Slice
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Pecan biscuits
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie