- 1 1/4 cups butter, (softened)
- 1 cup packed soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, (Himalayan sea salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon soda bicarb
- Red and Green gel food colouring, (to your desired depth of colour)
- wooden skewers or store bought lollipop sticks, (not plastic)
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 150oC - Place Butterfly in Thermomix.
2. Put butter and sugars into TM and cream until light and fluffy – sp4
for 1 minute. Use spatula to push mix down into the bowl.
3. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time through hole in the lid – sp4 for
15 seconds for each egg. Remove Butterfly.
4. Add flour and all other dry ingredients – sp5 for 20 seconds, then
closed lid position, 1.5minutes on Interval speed.
5. Turn out dough onto Thermomat and divide into two portions.
Lightly knead in red gel food colour into one half and green gel
food colour into the other half.
6. Wrap separately in clingfilm and place in the fridge for approximately
10 -15 minutes.
7. Return dough to Thermomat and roll both colours into separate rectangles 9” x 6”. Then place one rectangle on top of the other.
Working quickly, roll up tightly from the long side. Place in clingfilm and return to fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Cut into ¼” slices, insert stick into disk and flatten slightly. Place on baking tray (lined with baking paper) about 1” apart.
9. Bake at 150oC for 10 – 12 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks.
10. Decorate further if desired.
These cookies, while they take a little time in the preparation (that is, time spent in the fridge firming up mostly (!)) - are well worth the wait in the end.
Give them a try. You can use the mix for loads of other types of cookies, change the colour or coordinate the spiral to match your Christmas/birthday party theme; add choc chips, m&ms, nuts, etc if you wish. Let your imagination be your guide.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)