- 420 g butter beans, canned, drained and rinsed.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaped teaspoon Organic Instant Coffee mixed with 1 tsp Water
- 125 g butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 180 g SUCANET, Rapadura, Coconut Sugar
- 5 Organic, Free Range Eggs
- 70 g raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 4 heaped tablespoons Maca powder
- 150 grams 60% Dark Choc Chips
In your TM, puree the Butter Beans, Water/Coffee mix, 1 Egg and Vanilla Extract until smooth. Speed 7/ Approx. 20 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add the Butter and Sugar to the mix and beat Speed 5/ 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add the 4 remaining Eggs & beat Speed 4/ 20 seconds.
Add the Maca, Cacao Powder, Baking Powder, Bicarb Soda, and Salt and blend Speed 6/ 10 seconds. Scrape down sides. If not mixed, repeat Speed 6/ 5 seconds.
Add the Dk Choc Chips and Mix on Reverse/ Speed1/ 10seconds.
Pour batter into greased ring tin pan and bake MOD (175 degree) oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This cake can also be used to make lovely cupcakes! Reduce cooking times according to cupcakes sizes.
This decadent, rich cake doesn't need any icing and is delicious served warm or cool with a dollop of coconut cream icecream or cream and berries. Or just plain by itself! The butterbeans are undetectable and blend up well making this a lovely gluten free cake.
The Maca Powder helps balance women's hormones along with everyone's favourite treat...dark chocolate! A great cake to make for your girlfriends Lasts well if kept in the fridge in hot weather...only tested up to 3 days before it was all eaten by my husband and friends!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot Slice
- Mrs Scotts' Almond Cake
- Butter cake with a hint of coconut and green tea
- Cornflake crunchies
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis
- The Daily Mix - Nut Free Bliss Balls
- Nutella Lava Doughnut Cake
- Lunchbox cereal slice
- Chocolate & Almond cookies
- Light & Tangy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Easy Coconut Tea Cake
- Chewy Rice Bubble and Sultana Cookies