- 110 g sugar, (raw or white)
- 130 g Maltesers, plus 12 to decorate
- 225 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 180 g sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 60 g Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 225 g icing sugar
- 20 g Milk
- 35 g golden syrup
- 60 g Unsalted butter, softened
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180 C
2. Mill sugar 5 sec Speed 9. Set aside
3. Crush 130g maltesers, 3 sec Speed 7. Add to milled sugar
4. Place roughly chopped butter in bowl and melt, 2 mins 60 C Speed 3.
5. Add milk, sour cream, vanilla and eggs and mix 5 sec Speed 4
6. Add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and crushed Maltesers. Mix 5 sec Speed 3.5. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix another 5 sec, Speed 3.5.
7. Spoon into cupcake cases placed in regular sized muffin tray and bake for 16-20 minutes, until a skewer or toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
8. Cool slightly in tin and then remove to a cake rack to cool completely.
1. Place all icing ingredients into bowl and mix 20 secs, Speed 8.
2. Pipe or spread icing onto cooled cupcakes and top with a whole Malteser.
Accessories you need
For TM31 too of course
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef hotpot
- Christmas panettone pudding
- Lemon biscottini
- Super moist chocolate cake (gluten and dairy free and no added sugar)
- Moist chocolate beetroot cake
- Middle eastern syrup cupcakes
- Cheesecake brownies
- Buttermilk sorbet
- Chocolate and pear cake
- Peanut butter and dark chocolate cookies
- Continental layer cake
- Ricotta gnocchi with tomato sauce