- 1 lime peel
- 250g almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50g desicated or shreded coconut
- 500g mango flesh (2 mangoes)
- 3 eggs
- 60g coconut oil
- 1tsp vanilla
- 200g mango flesh, (approx 1 mango)
- 50g coconut cream
- 2tsp Cornflour or arrowroot flour
- 1tsp vanilla
Line 22cm springform tin with baking paper.
1. Place almonds and lime peel in bowl. Mill 15sec/sp10.
2. Add baking powder and coconut and mix 3sec/sp5. Remove from bowl and set aside.
3. Add all wet ingredients to bowl and mix 6sec/sp6.
4. Add almond mix to wet ingredients and combine 3sec/sp5.
5. Pour batter into the lined tin and place in varoma base ontop of some silicon cupcake moulds to allow steam through.
6. Add 1000g water to bowl, no need to clean, and place varoma on top with cake in it. Cook for 60mins/Var/sp3 or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow cake to cool in tin for 10mins then turn out onto a rack to cool. Serve at room temperature or chilled in fridge. Remove remaining water from bowl to then make sauce.
1. Add mango flesh, coconut cream, flour and vanilla to bowl. Cook for 6mins/90deg/sp4 (or use the automatic custard function on the TM5).
2. Drizzle the sauce over the torte and garnish with some lime rind. If the sauce is too runny, place in fridge to cool and thicken slightly.
This torte is amazing and is so soft and sweet and yet it has no added sugar. Great served either warm or chilled and so simple to make.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Spiced pear & vanilla sorbet
- Quinoa, broccolini, green bean & proscuitto salad
- Chocolate Mudslide
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Marshmallow fluff (marshmallow creme)
- Decadent Nougat Chocolate Cake
- Chia tea moist cake
- Savoury Gluten free bread
- Quinoa, Sweet potato and halloumi cakes
- Sugar & Gluten free biscuits
- Perfect Pumpkin Soup
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Chestnut Swiss Roll
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Extreme Chocolate Cake
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Vanilla Custard Cake - Modified (from Bargain Mums)
- apple pie bliss balls