- 175 g Butter, softened, or chopped1 cm
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or paste
- 135 g plain flour
- 25 g cornflour
- 75 g Butter, softened
- 110 g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Paste/Extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
I recommend you do the full amount (140g) for both biscuits and icing, transfer to bowl and continue as below.
If using a TM5 - set scales and transfer 110g to seperate bowl and leave in for step below
- Add icing sugar, softened butter and vanilla to bowl, mix 10 sec /sp 5 mc on and scape sides of bowl.
Mix for a further 3 mins - 5mins / sp 3.5 for until light and fluffy, scraping as required.
I leave MC off to be able to peer in and incorporate more air. continue for longer if mixture hasn't lightened
- Add the remaining plain flour and cornflour, combine 10sec/sp 3, MC on, scrape and repete
- Bake for 12-14 mins at 180degrees
- Add all filling ingredients to a clean and dry bowl and beat for 1min /sp 4
piping or cookie press desirable, but no essential. simply roll into small balls and press with the back of a fork.
You can make your own icing sugar from white sugar (or raw - expect darker results). Pre mill the entire quanity of sugar (140g) before starting the recipe or up to 250g for 1 min/sp 9, allow bowl to cool (fritcion will cause it to heat up) and repete 2 more times.
To soften butter if not already soft, cut into 1cm cubes, mix on sp 5 with 37degrees for 20 secs or until soften. you can do this with the sugar and vanila - no need to make it a seperate step.
If butter is not already softened, the high speed will quickly get it there- you can add 37 degrees fro a short time to speed the process, but you do not want to melt the butter.
To get every last bit of batter or icing from the bowl, spin the blades at sp 7 for a sec to remove all batter from the blades and use your thermomix spatula to scape the base and sides of bowl.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Plum Torte
- Artichoke Dip
- Rich Vanilla Bean Icecream
- Chocolate Rough Slice
- Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
- Italian Style Meatloaf with rich porcini sauce
- Pear and Apple Chutney
- MULLED WINE AND PEAR SORBET
- Stir fry Rice Noodles with Chicken and Prawns
- Steamed Prawn and Chicken Dumplings
- Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- Chocolate Crackles
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Honey Jumble Cake
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Swirl Layered Mooncake
- Lactation Cookies
- 5 Minute Seedy Bars
- Pecan Pie Slice