- 125 grams wholemeal flour
- 125 grams plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 250 grams Olive oil (light), Mild tasting
- 100 grams Soft brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 heaped tbsp honey
- 1 orange, Large, juice and zest
- 400 grams Carrots, chunks
- 50 grams walnuts chopped
- 1 Orange juiced, Extra for topping
Combine flours cinnamon and soda in bowl on speed 3 for 4 seconds, set aside. Grate carrots speed 4 for 5 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat 1-2 seconds set aside. No need to wash bowl. Whisk together eggs honey sugar orange juice/zest and olive oil for ten seconds on speed 4. Add flour mix to TM and combine speed 1-2 until smooth. Use spatula and do not over mix. Stir in grated carrots and walnuts speed1-2. Tip mixture into a 23 cm greased loose bottom cake tin and place in a moderate oven(slightly lower say 10 degrees if fan forced) for up to 11/2 hours or until skewer tested in middle comes out clean. Whilst the cake is still hot pierce with a skewer all over and drizzle with extra orange juice. Leave to cool in tin on a cooling rack before turning out.
Accessories you need
Adapted from the diabetes type 2 cooking book by nutritionist Fiona Hunter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Eunji’s Chai Mix
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Raw hot chocolate
- Peppermint Bliss Balls (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Refined Sugar Free) Healthy Mummy
- Low Carb Carrot Cake! DELICIOUS
- Quick Pickled beets
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread