THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 125 grams softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 220 grams castor sugar
- 2 Room Temperature Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Desicated Coconut
- 1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 300 gram Sour Ceam or Greek Yoghurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 1/3 Cups Desicated Coconut
- 2 Egg Whites lightly beaten
- 1 drop pink food colouring
- Extra coconut to decorate
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Set oven at 180 degrees fan forced.
Prepare 24 Cupcake cases in cupcake pans.
Place butter, essence and sugar in TM bowl and cream together for 1 minute at Speed 3 or until light and fluffy consistency.
Set to Speed 3 and add eggs one at a time through hole in lid and beat until combined. Add flour. coconut, sour cream and milk and mix for 30 seconds, REVERSE, Speed 3.
Spoon mixture into cupcake cases (fill to halfway) and bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until light golden and set to the touch.
Coconut Ice Frosting
In TM bowl place egg whites and lightly beat for 15 seconds on Speed 3. Add icing sugar, coconut and drop of colouring to the bowl and mix for 15 seconds, REVERSE Speed 3. Scrape down bowl.
Decorate cooled cakes with Coconut Ice Frosting and top with curls of shredded coconut.
Coconut Cupcake Mixture
These cakes will keep for up to one week as the sour cream keeps them light and fluffy. (Please note there is raw egg white used in the icing so appropriate care should be taken).
This recipe can also be used to make a large cake by preparing a deep 23 cm cake tin and lining base with baking paper. Pour mixture into prepared tin and cook in 180 degree fan forced oven for 1 hour. Cool before icing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Ricotta Cannoli Cake
- Gluten Free Crackers
- Blueberry Croissant Pudding
- Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- Healthy Choc Topped Mini Mint Cheesecakes
- Cabernet Cranberry and Blueberry Sauce
- Fresh Lime Chickpea Drizzle Cake
- Fresh Lime Custard Cream Butter Cake
- Fresh Lime Almond Torte
- Fresh Lime Curd Ice cream
- Lemon Custard Cream Butter Cake