- 300 grams Baker's Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar, 1-2 tbsp extra to sprinkle
- 225 grams unsalted butter, chilled, cut into pieces (3cm)
- 120 grams chilled water
- 500 grams Mulberries, Fresh or Frozen
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and quatered
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tsp plain flour
3h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place flour, salt, sugar, butter, and water into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
2. Empty the mixing bowl contents onto a lightly floured ThermoMat. Working quickly, pat together the dough without over working it. Cut in half with a spatula, transfer both halves of the dough onto separate pieces of cling wrap and shape into flatten balls. Wrap up tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. To make the filling, place all the ingredients into the Thermomix and cook 20-25 Mins/100°/Speed 1. The mixture will become thick and jammy. Allow to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a pie plate (approx. 22cm) and set aside.
5. Roll out half the pastry on a lightly floured surface into a circle (approx. 33 cm), working quickly and handling dough as little as possible. Carry the pastry to the prepared pie plate with the rolling pin and line with the pastry.
6. Add reserved cooled filling to pie plate lined with pastry. Roll out half the pastry on a lightly floured surface into a circle (approx. 33 cm), working quickly and handling dough as little as possible. Carry the pastry to the prepared pie plate with the rolling pin and lay the pastry over the filling.
7. Seal pie crust by pressing down on pastry, then trim excess pastry from pie plate. Crimp pastry edges and sprinkle top of pie with 1-2 tbsp sugar. Cut a few slits in the top crust with a sharp knife. Bake for 15 minutes (220˚C) then reduce temperature to 170˚C and bake a further 30 minutes until pie is golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack for one hour before serving warm or at room temperature.
Accessories you need
Make sure butter is cold.
Keep dough cool at all times.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quince conserve
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)