- 440 grams Flour, Plain
- 250 grams Butter, cubed
- 80 grams caster sugar
- .5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 grams cornflour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. You can bake this in a slice tray or roll out and cut shapes, keep mixture 1 cm thick.
- Place butter into bowl and chop 20secs, speed 4
- Add vanilla and caster sugar and mix 10secs, speed 4
- Insert butterfly and slowly increase speed up to 4 for 40secs. Scrape sides of bowl, and repeat 40 secs, speed 4
- Mixture should be light and creamy, remove butterfly
- Sift flours and slowly add to bowl through hole in lid using a tablespoon, over 45 seconds on speed 4-5
- Scrape side of bowl and beat 2 mins speed 3-4
- Press into lamington tin, mark cut lines with a knife, prick with a fork and sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar
Press mixture onto thermomat to about 1cm, use cookie cutters carefully on thermomat and cut shapes until all the mixture is used. Re-shape and keep cutting, use additional flour if the mix is too sticky. Prick biscuit with a fork and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until slightly golden in colour.
Store in an airtight container.
Accessories you need
I make this at Christmas and do the christmas cookie cutters, bag in cellophane and gift to friends and family.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Toasted Granola
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Shortbread Squares - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free