- 230 grams egg whites, about 7 -8 eggs
- 130 grams caster sugar, or mill raw sugar speed 10 for 5 secs
- 1 level teaspoon cream of tartar
- egg yolks, remainder form part A
- 75 gram oil, i used grape seed. not olive oil
- 80 grams coconut cream
- 120 grams SR flour
- 1 level teaspoon pandan juice, the one with green colouring (or make some from asian cookbook)
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 160 - 170 degrees
HERE IS THE TRICK FOR GETTING GOOD STRONG EGG WHITES PEAKS ........
PLACE THERMOMIX BOWL IN FREEZER BEFORE WHISKING EGG WHITE (ABOUT 10 MINUTES)
USE EGGS STRAIGHT FROM THE FRIDGE. DO NOT BRING TO ROOM TEMP.
PLEASE TRY THIS METHOD AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK? I THINK IT IS BETTER THATN HEATING THE EGG WHITES.
1) Whisk on speed 4 for 5-7 mins (with the butterfly inand MC off )egg whites until egg whites are quite firm or have formed soft peaks
2) Weigh out 130gm caster sugar and tsp cream of tartar on the thermobowl lid with the MC ON - set timer to 1.5 mins and set dial to speed 3 - take MC off and slowly add in caster sugar bit by bit from the thermobowl lid through the hole until all has been including in egg whites
3) At this stage egg whites should be quite solid - scrape as much egg white from thermobowl and put in decent sized mixing bowl - place into fridge until needed. ( i put into a stainless steel mixing bowl so its colder)
1) Mix the egg yolks and coconut cream with butterfly in at speed 3 for 30 seconds
2) Using speed 2-3 add in oil and slowly add in self raising flour from as high as possible ( I took off my lid and just put the 120gm in from a high distance)
3) Scrap down bowl and add in the pandan essence and then set dial to speed 3-4 for 10 seconds or until mixture looks ready.
1) Take PART A out of the fridge (egg whites should still be firm) and slowly add 1/3 of Part B (into the middle) using a hand whisk gently and slowly mix/fold in the two mixtures and ensure evenly mixed in (Part B is the heavier component so try to make sure the bottom is mixed well) (the reason for gentle mix and slow is to ensure air remains in the mix.
2) Continue to add in Part B into Part A one third at a time until all of Part B has been mixed into Part A. (remember to make sure the bottom has been also stirred)
3) Pour into Chiffon cake tin
4) Use spatula to smear the edges of the chiffon tin that doesn't have mixture not all the way to the top but maybe a pinky's worth or a bit less (see dodgy picture below) By doing this it allows mixture to climb while being baked.
Place in oven for 45 mins
Immediately take cake out of oven and invert the tin onto a bowl - this stops the cake from shrinking down - if you take it and dont invert it - it may sink due to the change in temperature
To add an Aussie touch, when cooled, cut into three slices layer with whipped cream and berry coulis (EDC) decorate with strawberries and drizle with chocolate sauce (EDC)
Thanks to Carina Wong for sharing her recipe with me and helping with all the tweaks. i think we've done a good job Carina.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GF and DF Orange and chocolate nutty cookies
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)