- 1 Portion shortcurst pastry as per EDC
- 60 g Glazed cherries
- 150 g pitted dates
- 150 g sultanas
- 120 g pecan nuts
- 50 g Butter
- 30 g brown sugar
- 50 g Flour (plain)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 egg
Recipe is created for
Make shortcurst Pastry as per EDC (or use your own favourite recipe). I suggest to make the normal one and not the sweet one as the filling is quite sweet and the whole tart may end up too sweet. If you and the family have a sweet tooth, make the sweet shortcrust pastry - it is Christmas after all
Blind bake in oven as per shortcrust recipe instruction.
Keep oven on 180 degrees C to bake the finished tart with filling as well.
Place cherries, dates. sultanas and pecan nuts in TM Bowl. Turbo 2 times for 1 sec at a time and look at consitency. The nuts must be rouchly chopped but not milled. Do one more second if you need a smoother consistency.
Without washing the bowl, put butter and sugar into the TM Bowl and mix 20 seconds on speed 4 to get a creamy consistency.
Add flour, cocoa powder, spices and egg to Creamed Butter and sugar, and mix on speed 6 for 5 seconds (or until well combined).
Add the reserved date and nut mixture and mix on until all is well combined (about 10 -15 sec on speed 1)
Place well combined mixture into pasty filling and bake 12 -15 min in preheated oven (180)
Can be served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Pastry - use 22.5 cm tart pan
Accessories you need
Add a splash of brandy or rum when you add the egg, to give it an extra punch for Christmas
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Fast Easy GF Spice Carrot and Orange Cake
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- BBQ Salt (Braai Sout)
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- Gluten Free Cheese and Herb Snack Sticks (Lunchbox)
- "Its all about Christmas" Cupcakes
- African Surprise Christmas Cocktail (Rooibos)
- Eggnog - Alcohol Free (or not!)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Moroccan Style Marinade with Chickpeas
- Rich Milo Cake