- 330 g sugar
- 370 g water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Whole Fennel seeds, optional
- 1 orange, zest only
- 280 g unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 170 g sugar
- 1 orange, zest only
- 190 g Butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 60 g full cream milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 200 g syrup, cooled
- 220 g self-raising flour
- 120 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Place all syrup ingredients into TM bowl and cook 9 min / 100C / speed 2. Allow to cool completely and then strain through a fine-meshed sieve and set aside until required.
Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 23cm diameter spring form tin with baking paper and set aside.
Set aside 2 tbsp pistachio nuts for decoration. Place remaining pistachios into mixing bowl and chop 7 sec / speed 5. Press into prepared tin.
Place sugar and zest into a mixing bowl and mill 20 sec / speed 9.
Add butter and eggs and mix 30 sec / speed 5. With blades still rotating at speed 5, add milk and vinegar through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Add 200g of the syrup and mix 10 sec / speed 5.
Add flours and baking powder and pulse 4 times / 1 sec / / Turbo. Scrape down sides of bowl and pulse once more if necessary.
Pour cake mixture over pistachio base in tin and bake approx. 45 - 55 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
Once cooked, turn out upside-down onto serving plate, so pistachios are on top. Scatter with reserved pistachio nuts. To set nuts in place, pour over remaining syrup to taste.
This recipe was contributed by our WA Group Leader, Helen Vogiatzakis.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Feijoa, Ginger and Vanilla Jam
- Mandy's Chai Latte mix
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Quick Pumpkin Soup