- 200 g Self Raising Flour
- 200 g flour
- 230 g unsalted butter
- 300 g raw sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp is best if able
- 220 g full cream milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- --- Food colouring: amount of colours depend on number of layers you want, Purple, blue, green, red, yellow, pink
- 500 g cream cheese
- 360 g Butter
- 500 g raw sugar
- 3 tsp Vanilla Essence or Paste
Recipe is created for
1) Add butter and sugar and mix 30 sec/ sp 5. Stop and scrape down the sides of the jug
2) With blades rotating on speed 4, add the 4 eggs one at a time until mixed slightly (roughly 10 seconds)
3) Add flours, milk and vanilla extract and mix 1 min / speed 6
- This makes 6 thin layers
- To make 12 thin layers as in picture I did 2 batches of the cake mix.
- Or you can make 3 thicker layers with this recipe or do 2 batches and do 6 thicker layers
- I love the look of thin layers though as in picture
TO MAKE LAYERS:
1) Set oven to 180 degrees and then set out 6 bowls
2) Dish out the batter EVENLY into each bowl - the best way is to put a tablespoon in each bowl at a time until the batter is finished. It is very important to seperate batter evenly so you have the same sized layers in your cake.
3) Add 1/2-1 cap full of food colouring to each bowl using a seperate spoon per colour to mix. I normally do purple (using red and blue), blue, green, yellow, pink, red.
1. In a round springform tin or round silicon tin, spray with cooking spray then spread one coloured mixture evenly and thinly using a spoon to do so (see picture)
2. Using the same sized tins do the same with each of the other colours. I only had 2 of the same sized tins and therefore had to spread and bake 2 colours at a time.
3. Place tins into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes (cooking time depends on thickness of layers)
4. Set layers aside to cool completely.
1. Once layers are cooled, trim rounded tops of cake layers to level if needed
2. On a serving plate, place red cake layer and spread with frosting, Repeat with pink, yellow, green, blue and purple. Repeat if doing double batch and 12 layers as in photo.
3. Spread light coat of frosting on the top and sides of the cake to seal in crumbs, then cover with a thick coating of remaining cream cheese icing.
4. Then decorate as desired. In main picture i used 100s & 1000s to decorate sides of the cake and edible pearls on the top of cake.
NOTE: if doing a tall cake like this one with 12 layers you will have to do 2 batches of the cream cheese frosting to cover entire cake.
1) Place sugar into the bowl and mill for 15 sec/ speed 10
2) Add all remaining ingredients into bowl and mix 30-40 sec/ speed 5
RECIPE CONVERTED FROM MAGNOLIA BAKERY COOKBOOK by Allysa Torey and Jennifer Appel
Cream cheese icing
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Moist white chocolate and vanilla mud cake with cream cheese icing
- Moist Vanilla mud cupcakes
- My friend Gail's DATE AND GINGER MUFFINS
- Cranberry Cosmopolitan
- chocolate peanut butter frosting
- Coconut, lemon and white magic bean cake
- Parsnip cake with cream cheese icing
- LYCHEE AND MINT KIDS BIRTHDAY SLUSHIES
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Sandwhiches
- RAINBOW white bean birthday cake
- Morning Glory muffins (converted from Nico Moretti's Cooking Passions cookbook)
- Chermoula marinated chicken with moroccan beans and quinoa
- Chicken and Zucchini Cakes
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Keto fluffy sweet waffles
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- Keto Microwave Tortilla
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE