- 1/2 cup of raw almonds
- 1/2 cup of mejool pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon rock salt
- 1 1/2 cup of raw cashews, soaked for a minimum of 2 hours but best overnight
- Juice of two lemons
- 1/3 Cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 Cup of organic honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence or 1 vanilla bean
- 1 Cup of raw or defrosted blueberries
- 1/4 Cup of Shredded coconut, or
- 1/2 Cup of cacao nibs
8Recipe is created for
Line your springfoam tin or square tin for slice with glad wrap
1. Puts almonds into Thermomix on speed 10 for 9 seconds (you should hear once blended, should stick together when pinched) add in salts & date and blend for a further 9 seconds.
2. Place the crust into a desired dish. Press the crust down with the back of a spoon and ensure it is as even as possible.
3. Clean Thermo bowl (warm water with touch of soap speed 7 for 20 seconds) pat dry down.
4. Place Cocooil & Honey into Thermomix for minutes on 70 degrees on speed one. Ensure it is melted and mix at speed 7 for two minutes
5. Add in lemon juice, drained cashews and vanilla and blend at speed 7 for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Ensure a smooth consistency - scrape down sides and blend for extra time if necessary.
6. Pour roughly 2/3 of the mixture out onto the crust, leaving the rest in thermo, smooth onto crust with a spatula to create the middle base.
7. Add blueberries to the remaining filling in the bowl and blend on speed 7 for 40 seconds. Ensure smooth - scrape down sides and blend for extra 20 seconds.
8. Pour on top of other layers smoothing out with spatula and back of a spoon
9. Sprinkle on desired topping, I use coconut. Add or remove quantities to preferred tasting
9. Let it set in freezer till firm. Remove 30 minutes prior to desired eating time. Can store leftovers in freezer or if you prefer a softer consistency, in the fridge.
Roughly 142 calories per slice - what a win! Alternatives: Switch out blueberries for raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, cherries.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sacher torte
- Banana Choc Chip Muffins
- Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Just a Minute, Baby Cakes
- Choc Chip Chunkies
- More Again - Paleo Banana Muffin
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- Zucchini-Almond-Chocolate Slice
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Blueberry yogurt muffins
- Peanut Drops
- Apple & Carrot Lactation Muffins