- 120 g unsalted butter
- 300 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 20 g cocoa powder, 70% cocoa
- 40 g Red food colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240 g buttermilk
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tsp white wine vinegar
- 375 g cream cheese, cubed
- 75 g Butter, cubed
- 465 g icing sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Set oven to 170°C.
Insert butterfly whisk . Add butter and sugar 2 mins, speed 2.
- Scrape , repeat 2 mins, speed 2.
- Lightly whisk eggs in a jug. Set 1 min, speed 3, add the eggs slowly over first 30 secs.
- Add cocoa, vanilla and red food colouring. 30 secs, speed 2. Scrape down .
- Set speed 2 add 1/3 of the milk followed by 1/3 of the flour, increase speed to 3.5 ensuring flour incorporated from the sides for 10 seconds. Repeat twice more until milk and flour incorporated. Allow to beat for a further 30secs on speed 2 until a smooth even mixture is achieved.
- Set add the salt followed by the bicarbonate of soda and then the white wine vinegar.
- Increase speed to 2 and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Spoon mixture into paper cases until half full and bake at 170°C for 20-25 minutes or until the sponge bounces back when touched.
- Put all of the ingredients in the bowl, 30 seconds, speed 6.
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Cream Cheese Icing
Accessories you need
Made in the TM5 but should work in other models.
Make the cream cheese icing whilst the cupcakes are cooking. You may need to refrigerate for a small time before icing. To cover use a Wilton large 2D piping nozzle and run a line of coloured gel longways up the pipping bag.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.