- 250 g good quality chocolate
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Coffee
- 6 eggs, separated
- 220 g castor sugar, + 2 extra tbs
- 1 --- cup Mint Leaves
- 250 g strawberries, half or quarter if too large
Recipe is created for
1. Mill hazelnuts in 200g lots. 5 secs/sp 9 Set aside. Make coffee and cool.
2. Melt chocolate & butter. 3mins 30secs/50c/sp 3. Pour into large mixing bowl.
3. Insert butterfly. Beat yolks & sugar until pale & thick. 3mins/sp4 Fold into chocolate mixture. Fold in hazelnuts.
4. In a very clean bowl, insert equally clean butterfly and whip egg whites into soft peaks. 1min/sp 4. If you have just lifted your eggs out of the fridge, press the 37c button, if they are already room temp, just whip them.
5. Fold into cake mixture. Pour into prepared cake pan and cook for 45mins to 1hr - depends on your oven.
6. To make minted sugar, whiz mint & 40g castor sugar 5-8secs/speed 9
7. Cool in cake tin for 15 mins then turn onto wire cooling rack to cool completely. Top with minted strawberries and drizzle with thickened cream or fresh cream if desired.
Prepare 28cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Preheat oven 180C
Accessories you need
It is very useful to have a second bowl, especially when you are milling, creaming, and whipping egg whites. If you don't have a second bowl, make sure you find out when there is a special offer on offering existing customers a 2nd bowl, blade and lid for half price "Closed lid"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Anzac Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Nutella 'like' Bliss Balls