- 6 eggs, separated
- Pinch salt
- 250 g 70% dark chocolate in pieces
- 130 g unsalted butter
- 150 g sugar
- 50 g plain flour
- 100 g 70% dark chocolate in pieces
- 30 g water
- 50 g sugar
- 40 g Butter
- Candied or fresh fruit to garnish
8Recipe is created for
oven to 180ºC. Butter a 12 hole muffin pan and line with cupcake liners. Set
Butterfly. Place egg whites and salt
into TM bowl and whip for 6 minutes
at 37ºC on speed 3. Remove Butterfly
and set whites aside.
dark chocolate into TM bowl and grate for 10
seconds on speed 7. Scrape down
sides of bowl and add butter. Melt for 3
minutes at 50ºC on speed 2.
sugar and egg yolks and mix for 30
seconds on speed 4.
flour and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4. Place half of beaten egg
whites into TM bowl and mix for 10
seconds on Reverse + speed 4.
Carefully fold in remaining egg whites by hand using spatula until fairly well
mixture between buttered moulds and bake for 15-20 minutes. (It is better to slightly undercook
chocolate cake for the texture to be more appetising.)
cakes are baking make glaze by placing chocolate into clean TM bowl and grate
for 10 seconds on speed 7. Add water and sugar and cook
for 12 minutes at 100ºC on speed 3.
butter and mix for 30 seconds on speed 4. Spread glaze over warm cakes
and garnish with fruit as desired.
Accessories you need
Other users also liked...
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab