- 125 g butter room temperature
- 80 g caster sugar, (Prepare before you start with the cake and set aside)
- 3 eggs
- 100 g almond meal, (Prepare before you start with the cake and set aside)
- 100 g bakers flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 120 g Milo powder
- 120 g buttermilk
- 50 g butter room temperature
- 150 g cream cheese
- 180 g icing sugar, (Prepare before you start with the cake and set aside)
- 100 g condensed milk
- 200 g fresh cream
- 70 g Milo powder
- 300 g Dark Choc Bits
1h 10minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Pre-heat oven on 180 degrees. Prepare round 20cm cake tin.
Ensure you have the right quanties of caster sugar, almond meal, icing sugar (set all aside separately)
Using the butterfly, cream the butter and caster sugar together for 30 sec on speed 4. Once done, set for 1 min on speed 4, and add the eggs one by one while mixing
Remove butterfly, scrape down sides. Add Resd of cake ingredients (almond meal, flour, baking powder, milo powder buttermilk) Mix on 7 for 20 seconds or until cake mix is well combined
Place in baking tin and bake in middle of oven for 40 min or until cake skewer comes out clean.
Mix all ingredients on speed 8 for 15 minutes or until well combined. Set aside to use in assembling step.
Make the ganache about 10-15 minutes before you assemble.
In clean bowl - Add cream and milo and heat 70 for 3 min on speed 2. (milo dissolves better with heated cream - thus make sure it is well dissolved or repeat this step until well dissolved. Do not increase heat as this will affect the cream consistency for the ganache) Cool down to 60 before continuing with next step.
Add dark Chocolate and heat on 60 for 4 minutes speed 5.
Cut cake in 3 layers using sharp knife or cake wire.
Spread the cream chese mix on bottom layer and place middle layer back. Spread cream cheese on middle layer and place top of cake back onto the cake. You now have 5 layers (3 cake and 2 cream cheese layers)
Ice the cake with ganach and decorate (Ideas for decoration: glazed cherries, fresh berries, milo powder dusting, icing sugar dusting, etc)
If the ganach is harder (like icing sugar consitancy) spread it like Icing sugar. Or you can pour luke warm ganache over cake and leave to set.
Cream Cheese Filling
Milo Choc Ganache
Assembling the Cake
For an added layer of "crunch" sprinkle some milo powder on top of the cream cheese layer when assembling. Milo powder can also be added to the cream cheese step for a bit of crunch
You don't have to use Almond meal - you can use flour in stead. The almond meal just adds a bit extra flavour and richness. (Thus in total 200g flour if no almond meal is being used)
This cake is very rich and moist.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)
- Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Fast Easy GF Spice Carrot and Orange Cake
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- BBQ Salt (Braai Sout)
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- Gluten Free Cheese and Herb Snack Sticks (Lunchbox)
- "Its all about Christmas" Cupcakes
- Pecan and Date Christmas Tart
- African Surprise Christmas Cocktail (Rooibos)
- Eggnog - Alcohol Free (or not!)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Moroccan Style Marinade with Chickpeas
- Lemonade Scones
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Clone of Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet Cake
- The Best Ever White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten Free Creamcheese Cake
- Chocolate mud cake
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Choc-chip Banana Bread
- Double Choc Chip Muffins