- 920 g raw brown sugar
- 200 g full cream milk
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 170 g condensed milk
8Recipe is created for
1. Cook all ingredients 20 minutes/80°C/Speed 4 until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Cook 50 minutes/Varoma Temperature/Speed 1/Measuring Cup OFF.
3. Remove the TM lid and scrape any sugary crystals off the side of the bowl into the middle of the mixture, mix 10 seconds/Speed 3.
4. Cook 10 minutes/Varoma Temperature/Speed 1 until the mixture is a golden/light tan colour. When a small amount is taken out, it should set firm but not solid in a few minutes; the temperature of the mixture will be 113°C. (Cook 10 minutes more or longer if necessary until golden – it can take longer to cook tablet on a rainy or humid day).
5. Place the internal steaming basket on top of the TM lid and beat 3 minutes/Speed 5/Measuring Cup OFF. (Steam can escape but spits are safely caught by the basket.)
6. Add flavouring if you wish, such as vanilla essence, rum and raisin, coconut, cherry etc. but turn up the speed gradually if the flavourings are liquid, as they can splash out. Beat again 5 minutes/Speed 7/Measuring Cup OFF/internal steaming basket on top – until the mix is a bit grainy. Immediately pour out into a 23 x 30 cm swiss roll tray or a 25 cm square tin, either non stick or lined with parchment. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then cut into 2 cm squares. Leave in the tray to cool fully before cutting again and separating the pieces.
Tablet is a crumbly hard version of Scottish version of fudge. I found this recipe on the UK Thermomix website just before Christmas. Tablet reminds me of holidays when I was young so I couldn't resist making it and posting the recipe here. Even though the cooking takes some time it is worth it the whole 1.2kg it makes! Be prepared to share
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Yummy Apricot and Coconut Balls
- Light Fruit Cake
- CWA pumpkin scones
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- passionfruit meringue cake (womans weekly)
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chickpea Slice
- ANZAC Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Chocolate Salted Caramel Melting Moments