- 125 g butter, cut into pieces
- 200 g white sugar, plus extra for dipping
- 2 eggs
- 500 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 5.
Crack 2 eggs into a small bowl. Mix until all eggs are combined/speed 4, adding eggs slowly through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Add flour and baking powder and combine 40 sec/speed 4.
Transfer dough onto a ThermoMat or lightly floured work surface and roll out to 4mm thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut cookies into desired shapes.
Place egg white into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Place extra sugar into a separate small bowl. Carefully dip each cookie into egg white, then dip into sugar to coat lightly.
Place each cookie onto prepared baking tray and bake for 10 minutes (180°C) or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before serving.
This recipe produces approximately 24 sugar cookies. This number could vary depending on the size and shape of your cookie cutter.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie