- 125 g butter, cut into pieces
- 200 g white sugar, plus extra for dipping
- 2 eggs
- 500 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 5.
Crack 2 eggs into a small bowl. Mix until all eggs are combined/speed 4, adding eggs slowly through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Add flour and baking powder and combine 40 sec/speed 4.
Transfer dough onto a ThermoMat or lightly floured work surface and roll out to 4mm thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut cookies into desired shapes.
Place egg white into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Place extra sugar into a separate small bowl. Carefully dip each cookie into egg white, then dip into sugar to coat lightly.
Place each cookie onto prepared baking tray and bake for 10 minutes (180°C) or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before serving.
This recipe produces approximately 24 sugar cookies. This number could vary depending on the size and shape of your cookie cutter.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Panforte
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- American Banana Bread
- choc ripple truffle balls
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Cornflake Bikkies
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen