- 125 g butter, cut into pieces
- 200 g white sugar, plus extra for dipping
- 2 eggs
- 500 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 5.
Crack 2 eggs into a small bowl. Mix until all eggs are combined/speed 4, adding eggs slowly through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Add flour and baking powder and combine 40 sec/speed 4.
Transfer dough onto a ThermoMat or lightly floured work surface and roll out to 4mm thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut cookies into desired shapes.
Place egg white into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Place extra sugar into a separate small bowl. Carefully dip each cookie into egg white, then dip into sugar to coat lightly.
Place each cookie onto prepared baking tray and bake for 10 minutes (180°C) or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before serving.
This recipe produces approximately 24 sugar cookies. This number could vary depending on the size and shape of your cookie cutter.
Other users also liked...
- Annabel Langbein ultimate chocolate cake
- GLUTEN FREE NO ADDED SUGAR PLUM TART
- Amaretti Biscuits
- Banana Pancakes
- Banana and Date Muffins
- Blueberry Blondie
- Breakfast Crumble
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Low Fodmap Chocolate & Peppermint Slice Gluten Free Lactose Free
- Apple crumble cake
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops