- 125 g butter, cut into pieces
- 200 g white sugar, plus extra for dipping
- 2 eggs
- 500 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 5.
Crack 2 eggs into a small bowl. Mix until all eggs are combined/speed 4, adding eggs slowly through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Add flour and baking powder and combine 40 sec/speed 4.
Transfer dough onto a ThermoMat or lightly floured work surface and roll out to 4mm thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut cookies into desired shapes.
Place egg white into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Place extra sugar into a separate small bowl. Carefully dip each cookie into egg white, then dip into sugar to coat lightly.
Place each cookie onto prepared baking tray and bake for 10 minutes (180°C) or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before serving.
This recipe produces approximately 24 sugar cookies. This number could vary depending on the size and shape of your cookie cutter.
Other users also liked...
- Ginger crunch
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Swiss Roll Sponge
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Jaffa Truffles
- Apricot Bites
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Hobnob Biscuits - a British favourite by Jayne
- Chocolate Chews (Weetbix Slice)
- Forcer Biscuits
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Mint lemonade
- Gingerbread house (gluten-free)
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse