- 500 g raw chestnuts
- 120 g raw sugar
- 100 g water
- 1 tsp vanilla
Cut an 'X' into the flat side of each chestnut shell.
Place chestnuts in a single layer on a sheet of baking paper and roast in your oven at 180 degrees for around 15 minutes, (stiring around after 10 minutes) until the shell starts to peel back (the more they are curled back the easier they will be to peel).
Let cool for 5 minutes and then peel the shells off.
Put peeled chestnuts, sugar and water into the Thermomix bowl and cook at 100 degrees speed 1 for 25 minutes.
Stir in vanilla on speed 1 for 10 seconds.
Strain the chestnuts using the TM basket collecting the liquid into a separate bowl. Set liquid aside.
Mill chestnuts for 30 seconds speed 7 or until a smooth paste. Add reserved liquid gradually until the desired puree consistency is reached mixing speed 4.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Musk Sticks
- Roast Veggie (leftovers) Soup
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Army Green 'Wake Me Up' Smoothie
- Curried (leftover) sausages with rice and veggies
- Chiko Rolls River Cottage Style
- Camembert Rolls
- Chestnutella (Chestnut chocolate spread)
- Chocolate and Chestnut Cake
- Egg & Dairy Free Choc Muffins
- Peach and Almond Crumble