- 140 g sunflower seeds, can be swapped to almonds if allowed
- 400 g sweet potato, (about 1 medium) peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 bananas, very ripe
- 2 eggs
- 55 g coconut oil
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- salt, to taste
1. Grind the sunflower seeds to a flour, speed 8/10 seconds. If using almonds, grind at speed 9/10 seconds. Set aside.
2. Add 500g water to the bowl. Put the sweet potato to the steaming basket. Steam for about 20minutes or until soft. Varoma/20 minutes/speed 2
OR if you can't be bothered cooking it and don't mind your sweet potato being a bit visible, just grate it for 3 seconds/speed 5 (or until nicely grated), then continue with the next steps. Easy!
3. Preheat the oven to 180C.
4. To the bowl, add the sweet potato, bananas, eggs & oil. Mix it on speed 5/5 seconds.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients: sunflower seed flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix speed 5/10 seconds until incorporated.
6. Line a 12 muffin tin case with liners (oil never works for me with paleo muffins - liners are the way to go!). Spoon the mix out. If you've gone the grated sweet potato option, it'll look really dry and thick. Don't worry, it'll release heaps of liquid when cooking and bring it all together nicely.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Accessories you need
These aren't sweetened so they're perfect for baby led weaning & toddlers.
I've swapped sunflower seeds to tiger nut flour with great results too. I've also made it with 3 bananas, instead of 2, and it worked perfectly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheesy Knefeh
- Fluffy Hakkaido Snow Bun
- Nanny B's Potato Cake
- Passionfruit Melting Moments
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- 5 Ingredient No-bake Rum Balls
- Banana Bread Cafe Style - imperial
- cranberry creamcheese bread roll
- cantonese style egg tart
- Christmas Almond Bread
- Aunty Lois Diabetic Fruit cake
- Left over fruit cake plum pudding truffles
- Paleo Meringue
- Spreadable Butter
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Chocolate Brownie Balls, with superfoods (Paleo & Vegan)
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Basil Pesto
- Coconut & Chocolate Bliss Balls