- 140g white sugar
- 285g plain flour
- 285g Self Raising Flour
- 285g Butter
- 10-15 tablespoons water
1h 5minPreparation 25minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place White Sugar into TM bowl. 8secs/speed9.
2. Place Flours and Butter into the bowl. 10secs/speed7.
3. Start with 10 Tablespoons of water through the hole in the lid and blend for 15secs/speed5. Check for stickiness with your finger through the lid. If too dry, add more water and mix again. If too sticky, add a bit more plain flour until it resembles a pastry.
4. Wrap into Thermomat or clingwrap for 20mins in fridge. If you want to skip this process, you may need to flour the board/bench a fair bit with flour to avoid sticking and roll out to about 2-3mm thin.
5. Cut out your shapes (circles for mince pies). (I use two different sizes for Fruit Mince Pies. I have used Robertsons Fruit Mince but recently made the Pear Fruit Mince from the Festive Flavour Cookbook and its delicious!)
6. Before cooking, mix an egg and glaze over the top of your pies, using a fork to jab through the tops of each mince pie to allow air through to avoid bursting.
7. Once cooked (10-12 mins on 180c) allow a few mins before placing pies on a cooling rack. Once cooled then sieve some icing sugar on each one. Then try and stop at one!
This recipe was requested by my team who tried it at a Thermomix Team Meeting.
Accessories you need
TIP: Make the pastry and place in fridge until about 30-40mins before you are going to make it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Caramel Sauce DF GF
- Supercharger Mousse DF/GF
- Coco Therapy (DF, GF, SF)
- 'You Won't Believe They Are Gluten Free Pancakes' (GF, DF, Refined SF)
- GF Double Choc Cookies
- Cashew & Peanut Brittle (Gluten Free)
- Black & Chewy Superbars (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Dairy Free Jaffa Fudge Brownies
- Coconut Waffles with Coconut Choc Sauce
- Dutch Honey Cake