- 75 grams blanched almonds or almond meal
- 140 grams icing sugar
- 10 grams Granulated sugar
- 60 grams Egg Whites (approx 2-3)
- pinch fine sea salt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Start by preparing your 2 baking sheets with baking paper. Mark the baking paper on the back with a cookie cutter to get even sized macarons. Prepare the piping bag with a 1cm round piping tube.
2. Prepare the almond meal by grinding the almonds 10 sec/speed 10, add the icing sugar and press the turbo button 4-5 times to sift the mixture together. I like to seive into a dry bowl Set this aside and clean and dry the bowl.
3. Add the granulated sugar, salt and egg white and whisk for 4 mins/speed 3 1/2 MC off. The meringue should be firm and glossy. It should be stuck to the sides of the bowl.
4. pour the merigue into a large bowl and add the dry ingredients gently folding the almond meal/sugar into the egg mixture. this should take about 20 folds and produce a mixture that pours in ribbons that disappear into the batter.
5. Pipe the macarons onto the tray in samll rounds. When the tray is full lift and trop onto the bench (parallel to the work surface. Rotate the tray and repeat. This will bring the air bubble to the surface. Pop these with a needle. Set the oven to 150 C While the oven heats the macarons will form a skin on top. This will take about 25 - 30 mins. Bake in the oven one tray at a time. for about 18 minutes.
6. While cooking the macarons will gain their "feet". To check if macarons are ready, lift the baking paper. If the macaron peels off they are ready. If it still sticks leave it for further minute. You may like to rotate the tray in the oven.
7. When ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Fill with your choice of filling, ganache, curd jam, etc
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Crispy date & chia bars
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice