- 125 g Butter, chopped (or margarine for vegetarian version)
- 50 g golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons Boiling water
- 90 g rolled oats, not instant
- 150 g plain flour
- 220 g brown sugar
- 60 g Desiccated Coconut
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat the oven to 180°C/160 fan.
Grease/line 2 baking sheets
1. Melt the butter and the syrup 2mins/60°C, or until butter has melted.
2. Combine the bicarb and the (boiling water) in a small cup and add to the 10secs/sp3.
3. Add the remaining ingredients 25secs/sp3/
4. Roll tablespoon amounts into balls and place on the trays. Flatten slightly. Leave room for spreading.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
Cool on the trays.
Accessories you need
The REAL ANZAC biscuit..
Crunchy outside..chewy inside and most definitely NOT a cookie..
Adapted to TMX applications from a Women's Weekly recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.