- 200 g unsalted butter, (softened at room temperature)
- 200 g caster sugar
- 200 g Self Raising Flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line patty pans with cupcake cases (or line 8" baking tin).
2. Place butter and sugar into TM bowl and mix for 30 seconds on Speed 5.
3. Add eggs one at a time (at 10 second intervals) to ensure that each egg has been incorporated.
4. Put in Butterfly - add vanilla and then flour one tablespoon at a time (through hole in the lid) every 5 seconds until all flour is mixed in and batter is thick and fluffy.
5. Spoon cake mixture into cupcake cases (fill cases only 3/4 full). Bake at 180 degreesC for 12-15 minutes.
Note: Makes 30 (patty pan sized) cupcakes or one 8" cake. For 8" cake - test centre of cake with skewer - cake is ready if skewer is clean on removal.
You can add cocoa to this recipe if you like. If you put in 20g cocoa then reduce the flour by that amount. OR if you have some chocolate ganache sitting around in your fridge, bring it to room temp and add one dollop of it into the mix in between adding the flour!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Apricot delight
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afgans Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)