- 0.5 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 0.5 teaspoon Cardamon Ground
- 0.5 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 450 grams xylitol
- 0.5 Lemon Zest of 1 Lemon
- 150 grams raw macadamia nuts
- 250 grams Almond Flour, I made mine in my Thermomix
- 125 grams Softened butter (Room Temperature)
- 6 eggs
- 45 grams Rosewater
- 45 grams almond essence
- 5 heaped tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 20 grams milled xylitol, to resemble icing sugar
- In a clean bowl - whip 5 egg whites (as per EDC) - Butterfly / - 3 mins / Speed 3 - Set aside
Grind Macadamias (should resemble course bread crumbs with some larger pieces.
- 8 Secs / Speed 5 - set aside
If making your own Almond Meal do this now so you can lightly toast it and set aside to cool for later.
- Without cleaning bowl - Mill Xylitol, Spices and Lemon Zest - 1 min / Speed 9.
- Add lightly toasted Almond Flour, Coconut Flour and Butter - 20 secs / Speed 3. Scrape sides then 10 secs / Speed 3.
- Without cleaning bowl - Add the one remaining Egg White, egg yolks and process again until light and creamy
- 10 secs / Speed 4 repeat if you need more time. Scrape side and 5 secs / Speed 4.
- Scrap down sides, insert Butterfly, add egg whites that were pre-beaten, Macadamias, Rosewater and Almond Essence
- 5 secs / Speed 2.
Scrap down sides again, if needed repeat - 5 secs / Speed 2.
- Pour into a 20cm square baking tin (or similar) lined with baking paper. Bake at 150 degress for 1.5 hours - 2 hours. It is cooked when skewer comes out clean and the top has browned and slightly crusty
- Cool carefully on a cake rake, dust with milled xylitol to resemble icing sugar, and cut into 3cm squares
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Quince conserve
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Low carb cheesecake
- Keto Vanilla Breakfast Smoothie
- Keto Strawberry Lamington Swirl Cake
- Lchf baked cheesecake
- LCHF Mini Fat Head Danishes
- Lchf chai latte mix and make
- LCHF coconut cappuccino
- lchf lime cheesecake tarts
- Ditch the Carbs Flourless Berry Sponge
- LCHF Friendly Strawberry Chia Jam